Monday, December 7, 2009

Big Itty Bitty News

It's been forever since I've posted anything on the blog. My friend Lindsay Garrison would say it's been a "dang coon's age." I could say I've been busy, which I have. I could pawn my lack of updates off on being tired or not feeling well, which is also true. But really I haven't posted because I had stage fright...I wasn't sure of how to write about our big news in the most appropriate way, being sure to mix the right amount of poignancy and lightheartedness, creating something to look back on and re-read a long time from now with sweet nostalgia. So today I have decided to just jump in with both feet, however eloquent the post may or may not end up, to tell you, our kind friends and family, that we are indeed having a BABY!

Yessiree, Itty Bitty Copp will be here on or around May 15th, 2010. We're about 75% purely pumped, and 25% freaked out. Neither of us has much experience with babies, save for having been a couple about 3 decades ago. In fact, neither of us has ever changed a diaper. We do have a lot to learn, but I am confident in my body and trust my instincts...I have no doubt that I will know just what to do when the sweet little life that we have created arrives in late spring of next year.

We found out about the babe on September 6th. We were in Austin for Labor Day (pun from above most certainly intended). Zac and I were staying with his mom, getting ready to have dinner with his dad and stepmom and a few other family members that night. I kept having a nagging feeling that I shouldn't drink wine that night, which would have been totally conspicuous to our dinner company, but the thought of even one glass felt wrong to me. Looking back, I really knew what was going on...I mean, when has wine ever felt wrong to me? :) I just needed confirmation. And confirmation I got immediately upon reading the EPT tests I abruptly ran out to buy...big, fat, unmistakable, positively positive.

The first couple of weeks were great, but then the 6th week hit and brought with it the beast mistakenly named morning sickness. Unfortunately for me, it has been "morning/noon/night/when I'm too hot/when I'm too cold/when I smell brewing coffee or Mexican food/list goes on" sickness. However, I am happy to say that it has subsided a bit in the past week or so, and not a moment too soon, seeing as how I am almost halfway through already!

In case your inquiring minds need to know:
  • We're 17 weeks and 3 days along today.
  • We find out the gender next Thursday, Dec. 17th.
  • I will deliver in Fort Worth--I couldn't bear to have Dallas on my child's birth certificate.
  • The Longhorns will win the National Championship. How do I know? Zac and I got married in February 2006, a month after Vince Young and the Horns won the National Championship. 2006 was an even year and a year in which the Winter Olympics were played, and our anniversary is 02.04.06...each sequential numeral divisible by the first. We will have our first child in 2010. Just like 2006, 2010 is an even year in which the Winter Olympics will be played, and the baby's due date is 5.15.10. Just like 02.04.06, each sequential number is divisible by the first. So, all of that means that we're going to win it all in 2010.

Win it all in 2010, we will. We'll start the "Bump Watch 2010" shortly, just as soon as there is a bump to watch, so check back soon!

Hugs,

sarah, party of 2 :)

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Squeee! Finally you spill! And yes, you need to write it even when you don't know how or can't quite fit the thoughts together.

I'm so excited for you two! And I have plenty of diapers you can change. For reals.

You'll hardly know what to do when they put that baby in your arms, but you'll have to swim lest you sink, and I promise you'll end up with a lovely back stroke. :)

Unknown said...

i love it sarah!!!
we miss you guys!

Melanie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! So happy for you two! And puh-lez start posting more often - and lots of bump photos. Lots of love, Melanie

Carin said...

OMG...I'm cryin tears of joy for you two!!! :)
SOoooo happy to hear the wonderful news.
I'm so laughing at the morning/all day/mexican food smell sickness...as I'm sure you will remember that NOBODY could ever eat from Taco Shack on the days I would come into work. hahaha
Keep up the posts!! I want to read all about Baby Copp's debut!!
Big big hugs and lots of sparkle bedazzle hearts full of love to you!!!
xooxoox,
-cg

Bridget K. Parker said...

Yeah, Sarah! Catie told me awhile back, and I couldn't be happoer for you!